1. Check-In/Check-Out: Check in time is 4PM and Check out time is 11AM. No Early Check-Ins allowed without prior arrangements. A partial day’s stay will be charged for early check-ins or late check-outs unless otherwise approved by our office. You will be provided with after hours emergency numbers in case you need after hours assistance.
2. Deposit: At the time of your booking a credit card number (visa, discover or mastercard) is required to hold the booking. One half of the total is due at the time of booking with the balance due 30 days prior to arrival.
3. Cancellation Policy: A cancellation will result in the loss of the $75.00 processing fee. Less than 30 days notice will result in the loss of the rent unless we are able to re-rent the property.
4. Finding Your Cabin: Once your reservation is finalized, we will send renter a map of the area including the various arteries coming into the Boone area along with written, detailed directions on how to find the cabin and our office. Please bring directions with you. A refund is not issued if a renter cannot find their cabin: therefore due to rural mountain areas we highly recommend that renters arrive prior to nightfall.
5. Smoking: Smoking is not allowed in any of our units.
6. Pets: Pets are not allowed unless the unit is a Pet Friendlyâ€ unit and is noted by a pet fee on the rental agreement. There will be a minimum $100 fine imposed if evidence of a pet is found after your stay.
7. REFUNDS WILL NOT BE GIVEN FOR NON-FUNCTIONING AMENITY OR ANY OTHER MAINTENANCE ISSUES INCLUDING HOUSEKEEPING. RENTERS MUST REPORT ANY NON-FUNCTIONING AMENITY, MAINTENANCE OR HOUSEKEEPING ISSUE SO THAT ANDERSON RENTALS CAN SEND SERVICE TO REMEDY ISSUES DURING THE STAY. THIS PROCESS MUST BE FOLLOWED FOR ANDERSON RENTALS TO PROVIDE THE BEST STAY POSSIBLE.
8. House Parties: House parties are prohibited. Anderson Mountain Realty, as Agent, or the Owner of the Individual Unit rented shall not be liable for any damage or injury to tenant or to any other person, to any property occurring on the premises or any party thereof, or in common areas thereof, and tenant agrees to hold Agent and Owner harmless for any claims for damage, no matter how caused.
9. Liability: Anderson Mountain Rentals (hereinafter the â€œAgent) is not responsible or liable for any loss of the renter’s personal property or bodily injury or damage of any nature from any cause to the renter (including his guests, licencees, or invitees) unless caused by the negligence or willful act of Agent or the Owner, or the failure of Agent or Owner to comply with the Vacation Rental Act. The Agent is also not responsible for skiing conditions, weather conditions, road conditions, power outages, acts of God, criminal activities, economic downturns, political changes, or any other activity, event or condition beyond its control.
10. Weather & Road Conditions: Weather conditions in the mountains of NC are very difficult to predict. Please bring chains or a 4-wheel drive vehicle in the winter. It is your responsibility to come prepared to drive under hazardous road conditions. There will be NO refunds, allowances, or date changes resulting from your negligence in this matter â€“ please do not ask.
11. Payments & Charges: All reservations are subject to a $75.00 reservation processing fee and applicable taxes.
12. Substitutions: Occasionally, something unexpected or unavoidable happens and the property that you have reserved becomes unavailable. Under these circumstances, we have the right to transfer your reservation to another property. Given enough advance notice we will contact you and discuss with you the situation and the options. If, however, the circumstances of the situation are of such a nature that we are unable to contact you and discuss the options, we will do our best to provide for you a comparable substitute property that we think you would find satisfactory. We are not, however, liable for any losses or inconveniences that you may incur as a result of the loss of the initial property or the substitution property.
13. Property care: As a vacationing tenant you are considered a paying guest of the owner of the property thatyou have rented. Please respect the owner by caring for his or her home, its furnishings, private owner closets,and grounds as if they were your own. Please do not rearrange the furniture or other home articles. If, however, you find it necessary to move something, please move it back before you leave. If you or someone in your party makes a mess, please see that it is cleaned up. In general, you are expected to take proper care of the property while enjoying the use of it.
14. Trash Collection: According to NC Rental Act Law it is YOUR responsibility to remove all trash and waste materials from your rented property prior to checking out. Directions are posted in each unit with directions to the nearest public trash disposal sites throughout the area. Failure to remove all trash from the property prior to your checking out will result in a fine being imposed of up to $50.00
15. Phone Calls: All phones in the cabins are blocked for outgoing long distance calls. You may place long distance calls with a calling card or credit card.
16. Responsible party: The person in whose name the property is reserved will be held responsible for all occupants complying with rental policies procedures, and restrictions. Also, aside from normal wear and tear, you will be responsible to pay the Owner for any damages to the property or its contents during your vacation tenancy.
17. Hot Tubs and BBQ Grills: If your property includes a hot tub, special instructions for its use apply. You should receive a Hot Tub agreement with your contract once a reservation has been made. Failure to abide by these rules will result in charges to your damage deposit. Please call office or page agent if any problem is suspected with the hot tub. Please do not turn off or unplug the hot tub. All hot tubs are serviced regularly. Please do not add anything to the water including chemicals, soaps, bath oils, etc. Do not use body oils, lotions, creams, etc. in the hot tub. Remove all creams and lotions before using the hot tub. Take special care in removing the cover, and leave the cover on when not in use to enable the tub to heat properly. Make sure the cover is secure before leaving the property as high winds may blow the cover off. If your property includes a BBQ grill and you use it, then you are responsible for cleaning the cooking grate and turning off the propane gas at the tank. If applicable, both the hot tub and the grill will be checked upon your departure, and any damages or extra cleaning will be charged to your damage deposit.
18. Items left: The Agent and the Owner are not responsible for any items left behind in a rental property. Please make every effort to gather together all personal articles, movie rentals, cell phone chargers, or other items prior to your departure.
19. Entry: Occasionally, it may be necessary for us to enter your property during reasonable hours for any purpose connected with repair, care, or management of the property.
20. Property Provisions: All properties include fully equipped kitchens, linens (sheets and towels) and atleast one roll of toilet paper per bathroom. Should your unit have a hot tub you may want to bring extra beach type towels for your convenience while traveling to and from the hot tub. For any specific kitchen appliance item or household item please contact the office prior to your arrival. We do not provide laundry detergent, soaps, shampoos or other personal hygiene items. We do not provide firewood for the cabins you can get bundles very inexpensively at local stores, duraflame logs or we can recommend someone to deliver prior to your arrival.
21. Tenant’s Duties: The tenant agrees to comply with all the obligations imposed by the Vacation Rental Act on the tenant with respect to the maintenance of the premises, including but not limited to keeping property as clean and secure as conditions permit and causing no unsafe or unsanitary conditions in the common areas and remainder of the property used by the tenant. Tenant agrees not to use the premises for any activity or purpose that violates any criminal law or governmental regulation. Tenant’s breach of any duty contained in the paragraph shall be considered material and shall result in the termination of the tenancy.
22. Maximum Occupancy: The number of tenants in any rental unit must not exceed the number specified as the maximum number of occupants. If it is discovered a tenant has violated this policy, and there is no written authorization from the agent or owner, then the tenants may be evicted without refund.